Thursday, May 26, 2011

996 steps!

Padova

View from the top of the tower!

Another view from the top!

Big dinner!

So much to tell!!! On hmmmm oh Tuesday we just hung out in Bologna because classes started that day (not mine of course Mag, Taylor and I have just been living the life of college travelers :) Rude awakening on Friday :/) So we went out that night for one of our Badger's birthday! Of course they gave us free shots of limonchello! Then, we came back home and started planning our trip for the next day! Yesterday (Wednesday) ***Shout out to Clare Marie, My beautiful sisters birthday!!! We went to Padova which is where the Basicilla of St Anthony is.  Of course we walked allll the way there and I couldn't get in because my shorts were "too short" not real life.  But anyway, it ended up being real life and when your shorts are too short for a guard that means you no get in church. But Taylor, Sarah, and Mag said it was bella!!! After that we had a Pinnini in the park and walked to the botanical gardens! BEAUTIFUL! Then we hopped on a train and got back to bologna by 4. We thought we were going to the beach today and of course Mag and I didn't bring suits so we wanted to go into the centre and get a tank and Mag some shorts. So, we walked into town and ran into Dr. Baggot, one of the professors here from SHC (Badger).  He told us where to go to get the best gillati in town! We of course got lost BUT my map skills improoved!!!!!!!!!!! Shout out to myself!  It was such an adventure... as we began walking we ventured by the towers.  We decided to check to see if they were open (because they normally aren't) but they were and we climbed up them!!

http://www.google.it/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=towers+of+bolona&oe=UTF8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=it&tab=wi&biw=1256&bih=569

Above is a link to the towers. Or you can of course just do what I did and google towers of Bologna. So we hiked up 598 stairs, dripping sweat but we did it!! It was beautiful.  The towers were a sign of wealth in the medieval times.  You should all come to Bologna to see them!!! So as we were coming down we were waiting for some folk to climb up because of course there is only one way. (Side note: I got pooped on by a bird right before we left for Italia which is good luck) So as we were waiting for these kids to pass, I spepped back a little bit and almost fell into a hole!!! My life flashed right before me! The hole was 2 inches long and wide but it was the scariest thing ever! I literally pulled a muscle grabbing the railing because I thought I was going down!! Maggie and Taylor of course laughed at me and so did the kids who were passing, but that stupid bird saved my life!! So then we had a BIG dinner to go to with everyone but we were not about to walk all the way back to school and then back to the centre sooo we found some people to tell us where the resturant is and we met them there.  This dinner was amazing and worth the 23 euro!! Eggplant, zucchini, salad, bread 11 desserts ***shout out to Mom- You would have died!!! AND the pastas were amazing!!!!!! NOM NOM! So then after dinner we of course had to go for a drink but I was of course out of my daily Euros so I just chatted like a good americano :)  then we got back, I finished my math hw and today we leave for Florence!!! We're doing Lucca, Siena, Pisa Florence and Rome all in 4 1/2 days!! I know kinda crazy but we all love the way we travel so it works out! Any suggestions for these cities would be wonderful!!! I'll tune in when we get baack!!!
xoxo gossip girl

No comments:

Post a Comment